A meta title, a title of a page or simply a title is all the name of one important element of site optimization for search engines and must have a detail for its aesthetic integral appearance. From a technical point of view, the title is part of the html code, to which search bots are looking with special curiosity. On the other hand - part of the intrigue or an effective way to draw attention to the content of the resource.
The text placed in the title is displayed in the title of the page in the browser (appears when you hover over the tab)
Meta tag title generates the page title in the browser and in search results
Meta tag title forms the name of the page in the SERP Thanks to the title tag, each page and the site itself gets its own unique name. Search bots with great attention to the text, which is enclosed in the code of the meta tag. Therefore, it is very important to fill out titles with correct information and keys on all pages.
5 Important Features of CORRECT Title
Optimizing meta tags for a title must be mandatory for each page. When filling it, please note:
- The title must match the content of the page. Those. for baby diapers the heading about jeans or wristwatches is wrong.
- Keyword content. The more keywords in the title, the less their importance, so it's better not to be greedy and confine yourself to one or two of the most frequent queries.
- Do not use stop words and stop symbols.
- The length of the title for Google is no more than 70 characters; for Yandex - a maximum of 80 characters or 15 words.
- The title for each page should be unique.
Optimization of the tag is an important aspect of the promotion of the resource in the SERP, which you must prepare to complete. To compose an effective page header, you need, at a minimum, to compile a semantic kernel. About how to properly fill the title and other meta tags, read in our blog.